Sunday, December 16, 2012

Santa Train

Along with Christmas carols, Alan the elf, and ice skating, I decided that riding the Santa Train was a Christmas season must this year. Emmett LOVES trains (he says "choo,choo" and "all aboard" several times a day) so it was bound to be a great family outing. I was wrong. The information online about the day was misleading and failed to inform us that we would be outside all day with very little opportunity to be in heated areas. We were freezing (literally, it was snowing). The train ride itself was fun and Emmett liked being on it but the overall experience was not pleasant. Emmett was cold and cranky and I was just annoyed by the whole situation. Our future children will not experience the Santa Train however we did manage to get some cute pictures out of the experience.

We walked around North Bend a bit before we got on the train.
Being in the snow was fun.




Emmett was getting cranky before we even left the North Bend station. I was REALLY glad I thought to throw a pacifier in the bag.


The train was not heated (and I was unaware of this, thus unprepared) so Emmett wore my gloves most of the day.

 
Hot chocolate and cookies were one of the highlights. We managed to score the few seats near the one and only heater so we were able to thaw out a bit.


This large Thomas train set was Emmett's favorite part. We should have skipped the train ride and invested in a train set for our house.


Some pictures of the area that Ryan took. He likes landscape pictures :)




Santa was SUPER amused by the situation...apparently it had been a long day at the North Pole.

Train ride home.
Although I was not impressed that the "toy" we were told that all the kids would receive was a toothbrush, Emmett was pretty happy with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment